Share an Uplifting Song“Music is love in search of a word.” – Sidney Lanier
How do you feel when your favorite song comes on the radio or playlist? Maybe it’s unexpected delight, comfort and happiness – or even a sudden burst of empowerment. Music has the ability to take us to our past, cope with grief and sadness and bring us to a different place with just a few short measures. It can even help with cognitive issues and ease physical pain.
March into the new season by sharing a favorite song or song lyrics with a senior friend or relative. Here are some thoughtful suggestions — just to get you started.
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley and the Wailers
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Live Like You Were Dying – Tim McGraw
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Celebration – Kool & The Gang
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
- I Got You – James Brown
- Down to the River to Pray – Alison Krauss
Who are you going to share a song with this week? Let us know in the comments.
Finished this act of kindness?
67 seniors have been helped with this kind act.
Log your progress so we can add one more.