Prep for Winter
Jack Frost is knocking on our doors. Help a senior neighbor or friend prepare for the upcoming winter season.
The Facts: According to the 2015 United States of Aging Survey, 75% of those surveyed intend to live in their current home for the rest of their lives. At the same time, less than half of those over 60 surveyed said they were “very prepared” to age. As seniors age in place, they may find they need help with some chores around the house, such as fall clean up or preparing their home for winter.
Here are five ways you can help a senior neighbor or relative prepare for the season:
- Help rake leaves in the yard
- Install weather stripping or a door sweep
- Prepare a winter emergency kit for their car
- Make sure furniture isn’t blocking indoor heating vents
- Take a senior to get their flu shot
Let us know what you did this week!
Finished this act of kindness?
25 seniors have been helped with this kind act.
Log your progress so we can add one more.