Help a Senior Tidy the Outside of Their HomeWe encourage you to help a senior clean their outdoor living space!
It’s such a relief when you finally tackle that project that’s been on your list too long. These warm, summer months are calling for us to finally clear that backyard space or outdoor garden. So, grab your gardening tools and window cleaner, it’s time to make the house exterior as beautiful as what’s inside!
Give a senior friend a hand this week by finishing an outdoor project together. Here are 5 tips to keep in mind when refreshing an outdoor space:
- Keep them involved. Set aside tasks that they can help with. Accomplishing tasks feels good for everyone!
- Bring supplies. Bring your own tools so that you can tackle anything that comes your way!
- Set aside a day. Time flies when you’re having fun–or cleaning a lot! Make sure to give yourselves plenty of time to make a real impact.
- Start smart. Keep in mind things that your senior friend might struggle with the most and tackle those things first.
- Go the extra mile. Once their outdoor space is clean, offer to help them on future projects.
Finished this act of kindness?
23 seniors have been helped with this kind act.
Log your progress so we can add one more.