Learn About Senior IsolationSenior isolation is a global epidemic, and Covid-19 may make it worse for some seniors. And we need to talk about it. The more you know, the more you can help through safe and simple acts of kindness.
Your mission this week is to learn something about senior isolation.
Did you know:
- No one is immune to loneliness. It can affect anyone of any age, even those surrounded by people.
- 1 in every 3 adults over 45 – almost 48 million people – consider themselves lonely.
- Those who experience loneliness and isolation are more likely to have health issues such as substance use and heart problems.
- People who report high levels of loneliness are less likely to live into older age.
- Loneliness is not always caused by a single event.
- Social health can be improved by talking to people or going out more frequently with friends and loved ones.
What did you learn? How does loneliness or isolation affect your life?
Finished this act of kindness?
78 seniors have been helped with this kind act.
Log your progress so we can add one more.