Compliment a SeniorA few kind words can make a positive impact on someone.
Nothing feels better than buying a new outfit or changing your hairstyle and getting a compliment from a total stranger. In fact, studies have shown that being acknowledged has the same positive effect as receiving cash. For a senior who may not receive a lot of social interaction, this act of kindness may seem like winning the lottery.
Here are five compliments that may brighten a senior’s day:
- “I admire you” – Let someone know you appreciate who they are and what they mean to you.
- “Your smile is contagious” – You light up the room that you’re in.
- “That color looks good on you” – Note a color scheme they like to wear.
- “You do (blank) well” – Maybe they are a great cook or maintain a tidy house or yard. Let them know.
- “I value the time spent with you” – Make it known that you think the world of their company.
What makes you feel good?
Finished this act of kindness?
94 seniors have been helped with this kind act.
Log your progress so we can add one more.