How it Works
Our pen pal program connects you with a senior to spread joy and help prevent senior social isolation and loneliness. Read our FAQs for more details.
Write a Letter
Enter your letter in the form below. You can even add a photo to help put a face to your kind words.
We Handle Delivery
Skip the stamps! After you click the submit button below, we’ll deliver your letter to our review team. Each letter is screened for safety and security before sending to a senior.
Enter your email or mailing address below to keep in touch with your pen pal.
Ready, Set, Write!
Write Your Letter
Fill out the form to send a digital letter. Not sure what to write? Check out our sample letter.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hobbies you enjoy
- Favorite movies, books or interests
- A positive story
- Upcoming plans for the weekend
- Ask the senior to share a story, fact or opinion with you
Sharing safely is important. Examples of what not to share or solicit include, but are not limited to:
- Personal information, like your full name or social security number
- Financial information, like bank account or credit card numbers
- When you will be out of town, especially if you shared your address to request a response letter
- Passwords to your Internet accounts
Of course! You may complete the “Write Your Letter” form up to five times. Each letter you submit will be sent to a different senior. You can also invite others to join in on the fun! If you’re submitting letters in bulk on behalf of a group, you can also submit by mail or email.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o Erin Albers
13323 California Street
Omaha, NE 68154