May 25 Care Mission
Deliver Food to a SeniorMany seniors are continuing to self-isolate in their homes. Delivering food, groceries or meals can help them stay safe and healthy at home.
Many seniors and other high-risk groups are self-isolating to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection. But everyone needs access to healthy and nutritious meals. Helping seniors with food delivery is one way to support vulnerable populations in your community.
5 Food Delivery Options for Seniors
- Shop for them. If you’re still going grocery shopping, offer to pick up groceries for a senior, too.
- Meal delivery service. Meal delivery services can help simplify cooking and make it easier to eat nutritious meals. Help a senior set up a meal delivery service or give them a subscription as a gift.
- Home cooked meals. Make and deliver a home cooked meal. You can also make several meals in bulk and freeze them. Having healthy frozen meals on hand may be particularly helpful for seniors who live alone.
- Curbside Pick Up or Delivery. Many services and stores offer these services. If a senior can’t set this up themselves, help them do it. They may not be aware that the service is in their area.
- Restaurant delivery. Many restaurants are offering free delivery. Treat a neighbor or friend to a meal at home from their favorite local restaurant.
Meals on Wheels also operates in many areas. This could be another option for seniors who need access to healthy meals.
Ready to Care?
Sign up, and see how easy it is to give and inspire care.