Flatter a new hairdo. Praise their efficiency with a smart phone. Drop a “you’re an amazing friend” in a conversation. There are so many ways to recognize a senior for what they’ve done and who they are.
And the best part about flattery and kindness is that it rarely gets old – or makes people less important!
Here are five of our top picks for showing someone they’re awesome:
- Ask for a favorite recipe or garden tip (and praise it)
- Drop a loving note in their mailbox or somewhere they frequent
- Tell them you admire their smile
- Compliment their favorite hobby (music, quilting, etc.)
- Call or stop by just to say hello
Kindness has the ability to change the world. Simple acts presented to a senior can not only make them feel better about themselves, but can actually improve their health -- reducing blood pressure, stress and helping strengthen brain function.